I debated about this post for a few days. The first item on the agenda I definitely needed & wanted to let you know about. The second item, I wasn’t so sure about at first, but I decided to err on the side of caution. Part of me is saddened about having to include the second item, but part of me also believes in being honest with people in regards to things they may not like/be offended by/etc.
- I have decided to join Amazon Associates. What that means is that if you really like a book you see on my blog and you click on the Amazon purchase link, I will get a small amount of money from the sale (avg of about 4% of the price). I am NOT planning on having a lot of Amazon ads on my page. There will not be a bunch of “in your face” ads that we all find absolutely annoying. But, if you click the Amazon link under “Purchase Links” and purchase the item from there, then I will receive the “commission”. Currently all new posts have this type of link. Older posts are being updated as I can get to them.
- I have been branching out with my reading material. I know that I have several followers who have conservative beliefs. I’m not here to change your mind about things or ridicule you for your beliefs (nor will I tolerate comments from others that are hateful, ridiculing, or otherwise unkind). I am, however, going to be reviewing books that you may not wish to read about so please be aware of that.
- I recently discovered a series of ebooks that are romance, but are not “traditional” romance. These are romance novels focusing on gay men and their search for their true love.
- I also recently discovered a series of cozy mysteries where the main characters are a lesbian couple. I’m barely into the first book but I’m enjoying it so far.
- I’ve also started reading more “banned & challenged books” which can have more controversial subject matter in them; that’s why they’re challenged and/or banned in the first place.
I’m happy to have a diverse crowd of followers and I’m willing to tolerate friendly debate on issues, but I will not stand for hatred or unkind comments and will delete them. If someone continues posting them, I will ban that person. I’m not a social commentary blogger. I’m a book blogger.