Good afternoon! I wasn’t online much this weekend due to a busy weekend and I came back to a couple of lovely blogger award nominations!
Thank you to both Roda at Growing Self and Mischenko at Read, Rant, Rock & Roll for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award! If you haven’t visited these sites, I recommend them! Mischenko’s site is new to me, but I’m enjoying reading her posts so far and I’ve been reading Roda’s blog for a little while now and love it. 🙂
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate up to 15 people for the award!
7 Facts About Me that you might not know
1) I love gnomes and fairies – I love most mythical creatures, but gnome and fairies are my favorites. I have some figurines of both and I’ve even started a children’s book about gnomes who live in one of our local parks. It’s set aside right now while I work on a few things in therapy, but I started it. One of my favorite stores is in Frankenmuth, Michigan and it’s called “The Enchanted Forest” . It’s all fairies and gnomes and mystical items. I can spend hours in there. 🙂
2) My heritage is English, Scottish, and a tiny bit of Native American – My family tree pretty much encompasses the entire countries of England and Scotland. There are ancestors from the Scottish highlands, from the Isle of Arran, from the area around Leeds, England, from the area around Hereford, England, and up near Yorkshire, England. It’s instilled in me a love of Scottish and English heritage, Celtic music, Highland games, etc. My small bit of Native American heritage (I do not know what tribe – possibly Cheyenne, possibly Lakota) has also instilled a great deal of respect and interest in learning about Native American history, folklore, etc.
3) My favorite color is purple – I love purple everything. If it comes in purple, I’m going to get purple. Purple clothes, accessories, notebooks, pens, etc. If it’s something I want and it’s available in purple, purple is what I’ll get. If purple isn’t available for whatever reason, I prefer jewel tones – emerald green, sapphire blue, midnight blue, and ruby red/burgundy.
4) My music tastes are very eclectic – I like everything from classical to rock and roll to heavy metal to country to new age to Celtic music to blues to hip hop to pop to musical theater. Some of my favorite groups/performers are:
- The Piano Guys
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra
- Lady Antebellum
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Hamilton: The Musical
- Les Miserables: The Musical
- Peter, Paul, and Mary
- The Moody Blues
- Rascal Flatts
- Yo-Yo Ma
- Laith Al-Saadi
5) I love to paint ceramics – I don’t like to throw pottery. I’m not into messy hands. But I do love to paint ceramic bisque items and give them as gifts. I’ve painted figurines, tiles to use as coasters, bookends, all kinds of things for people. It’s a lot of fun and relaxing for me.
I love to take nature photography – I take tons of photos of my dad’s gardens, of animals and plants at the zoo, of things in local parks, etc. I’m not quite as good at taking photography of people, though I’ve gotten better in the last year or so. I just get wrapped up in the events where there are people and forget to take pictures! I also like nature photography as it tends to be a solitary thing and I’m a very solitary person. I like going and doing things by myself.
My niece and nephew are the joy of my life – I absolutely love spending time playing with my niece and nephew or watching them play. I love when they come in and wake me up on the mornings that they’re at our house. I love when my niece wants to snuggle up next to me during rest time. I just love them. I don’t share a whole lot about them here as my brother and sister-in-law have asked that not a lot be shared online about them (and particularly no pictures), but they are the joy of my life. We celebrated my nephew’s birthday yesterday (he’ll be 2 in a couple of days) and it was just so much fun. 🙂 I just love those little munchkins and savor every moment I have with them. 🙂 Thankfully, they don’t live too far from us so I get more time with them than some of my friends do with their nieces/nephews. 🙂
For those of you who I’ve nominated, if you have already done this award and don’t wish to do it again, that’s fine. But I’m nominating you because I enjoy reading your blogs. 🙂
- Jay at This-is-my-Truth-Now
- Birdie at Birdie Bookworm
- May at Forever and Everly
- Vrinda at A Bookish Human
- Lia at Lost in a Story
- Dee at Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
- The Villain Library
- Stephanie at Stephanie’s Novel Fiction
- Marie at Drizzle & Hurricane books
- Endless Emma
- Raising My Rainbow
- Teresa Trent’s Blog
Thank you again to Roda and Mischenko for nominating me! 🙂