I’ve been nominated for another award! Woo hoo! 🙂 This time it’s the Awesome Blogger Award. Thank you to Roda from Growing Self for nominating me. If you haven’t checked out Roda’s blog yet, you really need to. She’s got great life advice and lots of fun stories about her farm. 🙂
What Is the “Awesome Blogger Award”?
This award was created by Miss Maggie over at dreaming of Guatemala! And she says :
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
• Thank the person who nominated you. Include the reason behind the award. Include the banner in your post.
• Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
• Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
• Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
• Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
• Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
Roda’s Questions: Let’s try something fun with the questions!!
1. One thing you love? Since Roda specified a “thing”, I’m going with my Kindle Fire. I love having so many books at my fingertips.
2. Two favorite colors? Purple (just in case you couldn’t tell 😉 ) and Midnight Blue.
3. Three words you love to use? “I love you.” To friends, family, etc. Not generally to strangers. 😉
4. Four places you have traveled? Finland; Buffalo, NY; Colorado (Denver/Boulder area); and Washington D.C.
5. Five favorite foods? Pizza, popcorn, quinoa, ice cream, black beans – I could be perfectly happy living on those 5 things along with a few condiments, different pizza toppings, and water.
6. Six musicians or bands you love? The Piano Guys; Trans-Siberian Orchestra; Peter, Paul & Mary; Moody Blues; Yo-Yo Ma; and Metallica.
7. Seven survival items you would take while visiting out-of-town relatives over the holidays? Hmmm.. this one’s hard as most of my relatives live near me. For a general road trip/vacation, let’s see…
- Warm clothes (I hate being too cold, especially at night)
- My phone/charger
- My tablet/charger
- My camera/charger
- My own pillows & stuffed animals (yes, I still have a couple stuffed animals I sleep with. One of my mental illnesses causes me to need them.)
- Books! Lots and lots of books – both physical and on my Kindle.
8. 4+4=8. Four favorite vegetables? Four favorite fruits? Veggies: Broccoli, Green beans, Red peppers, and Cucumbers. Fruits: Apples, Grapes, Cloudberries (unfortunately, only available as jam in the U.S. but I love the berries themselves), and Cantaloupe.
9. Nine words that describe you? Kind, Intelligent, Compassionate, Thoughtful, Generous, Creative, Fat, and according to my best friend, Brave and Beautiful (neither of which do I feel like I am but she does). And just so you all know, I don’t mind the word fat. I despise the word obese, but I don’t mind fat. I am fat. It’s just the truth.
10. 10-9=1. One thing you love most about You! My eyes – they’re a pretty blue.
I realize that not every one chooses to participate in award nominations. If you choose not to, that’s fine (but I hope you will). Just keep blogging. 🙂
- Books & Biscuits
- Mischenko from Read, Rant, Rock & Roll
- Susan Loves Books
- Marie at Drizzle & Hurricane Books
- May from Forever and Everly
- Marcia Strykowski
- Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
My Questions for my Nominees:
1) What is your favorite genre(s) to read (pick up to 3)?
2) What are the top 3 books you’ve read in the last year?
3) If you could spend one day with anyone – fiction/nonfiction, dead/alive – who would it be and why? (This does not have to be someone famous – just whomever you want to spend a day with.)
4) If you could travel to *one* place in the world and spend a week there (all expenses paid) – where would you go and why?
5) What song(s) has/have meant the most to you over the last 3 years (pick up to 3)?
6) Cookies, cake, or cupcakes? Why?
7) If you could travel to a fantasy world that is *NOT* Harry Potter’s world and *NOT* Middle Earth, which one would you choose and why?
8) What sound or noise do you love to hear?
9) What sound or noise do you hate to hear?
10) Tell us something unique about yourself that people may not know about you.
Thank you again to Roda from Growing Self for my nomination!